14 In Christmas

Minimal Nordic Holiday Centerpiece

How to make a minimal Nordic Holiday centerpiece using greens, lights and neutral colors.

Happy Monday! It is that Monday where some of my favourite bloggers get together for our Int’l Bloggers Club! You can find all of their projects for this months theme on the bottom of this post. We are all sharing a Christmas project today, so I can’t wait to get all that inspiration!

I have to say, I was super stressed out this week, it has been a busy one, but not in a nice busy way. I was busy, but felt, that I didn’t really accomplish all that much and then Christmas decor was in the way too and lot’s of stuff going on at work with the little ones and we have a French exchange student staying at our home right now and of course I want her to feel at home and comfortable too.

Anyways. So much on my to-do list, that I almost completely lost it. Not the list, but my sanity. But, then I realized once again, that it’s me who can just erase “unimportant”  stuff off of that list and let go. So that’s what I did. I am really going super minimal and simple this Holiday season and at the end of each day I sit down and enjoy my minimal still cozy decor and relax as much as possible.

So, I am showing you this minimal centerpiece that I whipped up one afternoon after work, real quick in like 10 minutes. Who doesn’t love a cozy 10 minute Christmas centerpiece??

Minimal Nordic Holiday Centerpiece

**Affiliate links are included in this post where I make a very small commission for each purchase (at no extra cost to you of course) when you use my links which just helps our blog stay up. Thank you for your support in advance! As always, all opinions are my own!**

What I have used:

round tray similar here

artificial garland here

artificial pine picks similar here

scented white winter candle  [similar]

black candle holder here [similar]

small wooden tree

fairy lights

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

This seriously took me 10 minutes. I did buy most of my “ingredients” at Ikea. It’s just so convenient for me, since it’s a 15 minute car ride from where I live and on top of that it’s on my way home from work 😉 .

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece northernfeeling.com

minimal nordic Holiday centerpiece // northernfeeling.com

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

Leanna
    19/11/2018 at 4:10 pm

Your centerpiece is so calm looking, it reminds me of the days we’re having right now. Simple, festive and pretty. This is a beautiful little centerpiece and everyone has 10 minutes to put it together. Love it Katrin. Pinning.

Katrin
      20/11/2018 at 8:16 pm

aw Thanks Leanna. These days are my favourites but yes, calm is what I need!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces
    19/11/2018 at 4:17 pm

This centerpiece looks very pretty, Katrin! Green and white with a touch of black is a great color combination.
    It’s wonderful that you took in a French exchange student. Now she can learn Spanish, German and English while staying with you. Good for her! 🙂 I hope she’s nice and you have a good time with her.

Katrin
      20/11/2018 at 8:17 pm

Thank you so much Dear Julia! Yes, our French student is so sweet and I think she’s having a good time! We love having her with us!

Mary
    19/11/2018 at 5:07 pm

Simple and oh so elegant as we have come to expect from you Katrin. I have to say this doing the decorating early is actually a good thing, because in December we’ll be able to kick back and relax and just enjoy your homes.

Katrin
      20/11/2018 at 8:18 pm

aw Thanks Mary, you’re so sweet. And about the early decor, exactly my thinking. I want to just relax every free minute I can get and enjoy the season!

Marie InteriorFrugalista
    19/11/2018 at 5:19 pm

You had me at 10 minutes! Last night I attempted a quick and simple holiday centerpiece for my coffee table but it doesn’t look near as pretty as yours, Katrin and took much longer too.

Katrin
      20/11/2018 at 8:19 pm

hahaha, right?? Quick “projects” are the best! I’m sure your centerpiece is lovely Marie!

Pili
    19/11/2018 at 9:57 pm

Totally your style, Katrin, quick and beautiful. We all have 10 minutes to create a centerpiece but we don’t all have your imagination to make something pretty in such a short time, so thank you for the inspiration.

Katrin
      20/11/2018 at 8:20 pm

Thank you Pili, I’m so happy you like it!

Michelle Leslie
    20/11/2018 at 9:55 am

Wow, if I had to try something like this someone would probably think it’s just a twig that one of our fur babies dragged in from outside. It would never look so pretty and classy. You just do have such an amazing decor touch <3 I hope this week is calmer for you so you can get to put your feet up and relax

Katrin
      20/11/2018 at 8:21 pm

Aw I don’t believe that, I love your decor & ideas so much! But thanks for your sweet words. I can’t wait for things to calm down a bit…

NitkaDesign