In case you’ve ever wondered how to turn an old lampshade into a basket planter you’re in the right place! I’ve had this white lampshade that turned yellow-ish over time. But instead of getting rid of it, I decided to re-purpose it into a basket planter!
From Lampshade to Basket Planter
*Affiliate links used to show like or similar products.
What you need:
wooden plate or cork as base depending on the size of your lampshade
*I’ve had everything except the sisal rope at home. The wooden coaster plate I had, happened to fit right into the lampshade to create a base. You could always use a cork coaster or similar as well.
1. I took the metal middle part out of the lampshade. It was really easy to break off after bending it a few times.
2. Then I started wrapping the sisal rope around the lampshade. I tucked the rope end under the rest and just kept on wrapping around the lampshade nice and tight.
3. I ran out of rope when I was almost done. Using thinner sisal rope, I had at home, I finished the last bit with what I had. It’s not the exact same tone, but still looks good I think!
4. I pushed my wooden base into the bottom of the lampshade.
5. Ready to put a plant inside!
I think it turned out really cute and was so easy too! I have some more lampshades in store, I might transform them into baskets too!
Pin this for later!!
Well, I hope you’ve got some inspiration to turn your old lampshades into cute baskets! Thanks so much for stopping by today!