14 In My Home/ Summer

Summer Living – Light & Bright Summer Living Area

Ideas and inspiration for a light & bright summer living area

Hi there friends & Happy June! Can you believe it’s almost summer?? Temperature wise, it’s been summer here for about a month or so already, but finally the vacation is so close! Can’t wait. I still have to work the month of June, but then school’s out here in Spain & the summer basically just begins. July & August are pretty low key and it’s just beach time and relaxing until September! I really can’t complain.

Plus, this summer a long dream of mine is finally coming true, we are going to visit New York for a whole week, yay!

But until then, I am enjoying my home, where actually I didn’t change up major things this season. I’ve kept it light & bright and just added some summery green floral cushions and a lot of plants to my decor. Sometimes all you need is new cushion covers and some green plants to add a fresh vibe to the house.

I’m also teaming up with my blogging girlfriends, so check out their summer living spaces below!!

*Affiliate links used to show like or similar products.

""

The black & white striped pillow covers are great, because they kind of go with anything! The grean leaf pillow cover is perfect for summer, don’t you think?? It would also look amazing outdoors, as well as the floral pillow cover.

""

This is my new favourite plant, it’s a raindrop plant and it looks so cute and is really easy to maintain!

And the little tray was such a fun & quick little makeover, read more about it HERE.

The coconut candle smells like summer and looks awesome on the coffee table!

light & bright summer living area northernfeeling.com

light & bright summer living area northernfeeling.com

light & bright summer living area northernfeeling.com (4)

light & bright summer living area northernfeeling.com (4)

summer dining room & mantel decor northernfeeling.com

My dining table is pretty minimal, just some sea grass place mats & a large glass bottle really are enough to make it feel like summer is in the air! And since the mantel is pretty busy, I prefer keeping the dining table very simple.

light & bright summer mantel decor northernfeeling.com

I made these cute dowel frames the other day, HERE are all the details plus two free guava & feijoa printables!

The “all you need is a plant” printable is available for free HERE.

""

So, I hope you’ve enjoyed my light & bright summer living area today & got inspired! Thank you so much for visiting, I appreciate it. I hope you go check out my friends living spaces below!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

Jelica
    05/06/2019 at 3:57 pm

I am in LOVE with your living room area, Katrin! I really like how the decor in your space continues to evolve and I like everything you do to freshen things up and keep it all so tastefully decorated. I am in love with the pops of green (I did the same in my space and it feels soooo relaxing). Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Have fun in NYC – I’ve been there and I highly recommend it. Such an amazing place to visit.

Katrin
      09/06/2019 at 6:56 pm

Thank you so much my friend, I’m so looking forward to the trip, eeek!!

Kellie
    05/06/2019 at 7:45 pm

Katrin everything looks so beautiful! I absolutely love this living space! You always add such beautiful touches. Oh and I love going to NYC, you are going to have a blast!!! I can’t wait to hear what you all do there!!

Katrin
      09/06/2019 at 6:57 pm

Thanks Kellie, can’t wait to go!!!

Sam - Raggedy Bits
    06/06/2019 at 1:14 am

Just beautiful, Katrin! I love every little detail and touches of green! Your cushions are gorgeous!! You and your family must love hanging out here! So peaceful and light!
    Have a wonderful time in New York! Looking forward to hearing about your adventure!

Katrin
      09/06/2019 at 6:57 pm

Thank you so much Sam, I’m happy you like my space!!

Mary
    06/06/2019 at 1:40 pm

Lots of pretty accents Katrin and the wood that you have added here and there also adds a nice contrast to the neutral colors. Looking forward to seeing you on my home turf sweet lady!!

Katrin
      09/06/2019 at 6:58 pm

Thank you Mary, can’t wait to meet up!!

Tanya Derrey Bingham
    07/06/2019 at 5:52 am

I love your vibe and that plant is so cool Katrin!! Your home is so fresh and bright, love your space 🙂

Katrin
      09/06/2019 at 6:58 pm

Thanks so much Tanya!!

Crissy
    07/06/2019 at 11:13 pm

I love light and bright spaces like this. It’s very nicely designed. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About!

Katrin
      09/06/2019 at 6:58 pm

Thanks so much Crissy!!

Julie Briones
    10/06/2019 at 2:19 am

Your summer home looks lovely, Katrin! So glad to have you along at Tuesday Turn About!

Michelle Leslie
    11/06/2019 at 3:52 pm

You have such a beautiful sense of style Katrin and it’s great seeing the projects you’ve made all these years. Enjoy your trip to NY, I’m ever so slightly jealous. Okay ever so slightly ALOT 😉 Can’t wait to hear all about it