How to make simple framed glass Holiday floating signs in a few easy steps.
Today I am going to show you these two really minimal looking Holiday floating signs I made on the weekend. I am really loving the gold/black combination this season and I think I will have some golden & black accents in my Christmas decor this year. Like these two simple signs. They really stand out and are seriously so so easy to make!
Simple Framed Glass Holiday Floating Signs
**Affiliate links are included in this post where I make a very small commission for each purchase (at no extra cost to you of course) when you use my links which just helps this blog stay up. Thank you for your support in advance! As always, all opinions are my own!**
What you need:
frames, thrifted or new [mine are dollar store frames]
hot glue gun [not shown in picture]
sanding sponge [not shown in picture]
printable of your choice or these ones for free use here
1. Remove the backing of your frames. I originally had planned to make the signs with two of the bigger frames, but one broke, so I used one bigger and one smaller size I had at home. I think what ever you have at hand works.
2. Remove the glass carefully.
3. Spray paint the frames with gold spray paint, preferably outside on a prepared surface.
4. While the frames are drying, print the lettering.
5. Carefully place the glass part of your frames on each printable and trace the lettering using a black permanent marker.
6. Using a sanding sponge, sand the spray painted frames just a little bit, giving them a bit of a vintage, used look.
7. Put a drop of hot glue on each corner of the back of the dried frames and glue the glass onto the wooden spray painted frames. You’re done! Decorate away!
I am so obsessed with these minimal looking signs and love how they turned out!! I hope you got some inspiration here today to make your own signs this season. The possibilities are endless, you can use any kind of font and quote too. Have fun and a lovely day!